Healthy Start Portal
Use this Healthy Start Portal to find current and historic Healthy Start materials, links to materials developed by the National Healthy Start Association, and related materials developed by the MCH Digital Library.
The Healthy Start Initiative, established in 1991 by the Maternal and Child Health Bureau, provides community-based, culturally competent, family-centered, and comprehensive perinatal health services to women, infants, and their families in communities with very high rates of infant mortality.
Search for Materials
Search the MCH Digital Library collection of over 500 products and final reports of Healthy Start projects from 1995-2015.
Current Journal Articles on Healthy Start:
- Find Healthy Start articles with an automated PubMed search, (searches 21 million biomedical citations from MEDLINE, journals, and online books).
Materials from the Field
- Search the Project Directory from the National Healthy Start Association to find contact information for any of all currently federally funded Healthy Start projects.
- Healthy From the Start, the National Healthy Start Association's blog
- Quantifying the Adequacy of Prenatal Care: A Comparison of Indices
- Overview of Adequacy of Prenatal Care Utilization Index
- Adequacy of Prenatal Care Utilization Index
Additional Resources from the MCH Digital Library
- Adolescent Pregnancy and Parenting substancepregnancy
- Assisted Reproductive Technologies substancepregnancy
- Breastfeeding substancepregnancy
- Childbirth substancepregnancy
- Community Services Locator
- Depression During and After Pregnancy professional resource guide, family resource brief
- Domestic Violence professional resource guide, family resource brief
- Fatherhood professional resource guide
- Health Insurance and Access to Care for Children and Adolescents professional resource guide, family resource brief
- Home Visiting resource brief
- Infant Mortality and Pregnancy Loss professional resource guide, family resource brief
- Preconception and Pregnancy professional resource guide, family resource brief
- Tobacco, Alcohol, and Substance Use During Preconception and Pregnancy substancepregnancy
* The HSNRC was a special project funded by the Maternal and Child Health Bureau at the National Center for Education in Maternal and Child Health from 1997 to 2002.