School-Based and School-Linked Health Care
School Resource Brief
- Center for Health and Health Care in Schools (CHHCS). A collection of resources about school-based health services, including background
papers, tools for clinic operations and management, papers on financing
issues, model state and local health policies and program information,
and bibliographies. Includes sections about school-based mental health and
oral health services. CHHCS is a policy and program resource center located at the George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): School Health. Information about school health policies and programs and tools for planning and coordinating school health activities, including health services. Resources include
School Health Index (SHI). Self-assessment and planning guide to help schools identify the strengths and weaknesses of their school-health-promotion policies and programs; develop an action plan for improving student health; and involve teachers, parents, students, and the community in improving school policies, programs, and services.
- Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC) Database. Information about journal articles, research reports, teaching guides, curricula,
conference papers, and books covering all aspects of education-related issues.
Enter "school health services" in the search box. Click on Search. Use the filters in the left navigation bar to further limit your search. ERIC is sponsored
by the Department
of Education (ED).
Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE): State School Health Policy
Database. A collection of state laws and policies in key areas
of school health. To find laws and policies about school health services,
by Topic. In the left sidebar, click on Student Services and
click again on a topic (e.g., Screening
- School-Based Health
Information and tools for planning, implementing,
and operating a school-based health center.
Topics include the benefits of school-based health
care, health reform, sustainability, laws and
policies, adolescent health,
advocacy, the patient-centered medical home approach,
clinical services, evaluation, and quality improvement.
Includes training webinars.
Related MCH Digital Library Resources
- Health Insurance and Access to Care for Children and Adolescents professional resource guide, family resource brief
- Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs professional resource guide, family resource brief, school resource brief
- Community Services Locator: An Online Directory for Finding Community Services for Children and Families professional resource guide
- Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT) Services in Medicaid professional resource guide, family resource brief
- Emotional, Behavioral, and Mental Health Challenges in Children and Adolescents professional resource guide, family resource brief, school resource brief
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health professional resource guide, family resource brief
- School Health resource brief
School-Based and School-Linked Health Care: School Resource Brief. (June 2011). (Updated: October 2013).
Author: Susan Brune Lorenzo, M.L.S., MCH Digital Library.
Reviewer: Olivia K. Pickett, M.A., M.L.S., MCH Digital Library.
Editor: Ruth Barzel, M.A., MCH Digital Library.