Adolescent Pregnancy and Parenting
Professional Resource Brief
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Teen Pregnancy. Data and prevention resources for health care providers, parents and guardians, and information on youth-friendly reproductive health care.
- Global Library of Women's Medicine. Peer-reviewed clinical information and guidance on women's health for health
professionals. Includes surgical video clips, diagnostic atlases, information
about laboratory tests, patient-education materials, and a section about pregnancy in adolescence.
- Healthy Teen Network
(HTN). Publications, advocacy tools, and conference information
about adolescent pregnancy and parenting. Includes resources
for pregnant and parenting teens.
- MedlinePlus: Teenage Pregnancy. Statistics and research on teen pregnancy, as well as resources for pregnant teens and their partners.
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS). National data and statistics about teen births.
- To find reports, briefs, and other resources about adolescent pregnancy and parenting, search the MCH Digital Library's online catalog, MCHLine®. Type "adolescent parents" in the keyword field of the search
form. Add a publication date range (e.g., 2009...2014). Click on Search to get your results. Conduct another search by typing "pregnant adolescents" in the keyword field of the search
form. Add a publication date range (e.g., 2009...2014). Click on Search to get your results. Include quotation marks as indicated. There will be some overlap in your search results.
- Adolescent Health resource brief
- Adolescent Pregnancy and Parents organizations list
- Adolescent Pregnancy and Parenting bibliography
- Health Insurance and Access to Care for Children and Adolescents professional resource guide, family resource brief, school resource brief
- Preconception and Pregnancy professional resource guide, family resource brief (Includes websites for pregnant teens)
Adolescent Pregnancy and Parenting: Resource Brief. (January 2012. Updated: December 2014; July 2021)
Author: Susan Brune Lorenzo, M.L.S., MCH Digital Library.
Reviewer: Olivia Pickett, M.A., M.L.S., MCH Digital Library
Editor: Ruth Barzel, M.A., MCH Digital Library.