Adolescent Pregnancy and Parenting
Professional Resource Brief
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Teen Pregnancy. Data and prevention resources for health care providers, parents and guardians, and information on youth-friendly reproductive health care.
- Global Library of Women's Medicine. Peer-reviewed clinical information and guidance on women's health for health
professionals. Includes surgical video clips, diagnostic atlases, information
about laboratory tests, patient-education materials, and a section about pregnancy in adolescence.
- Healthy Teen Network
(HTN). Publications, advocacy tools, and conference information
about adolescent pregnancy and parenting. Includes resources
for pregnant and parenting teens.
- MedlinePlus: Teenage Pregnancy. Statistics and research on teen pregnancy, as well as resources for pregnant teens and their partners.
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS). National data and statistics about teen births.
- To find reports, briefs, and other resources about adolescent pregnancy and parenting, search the MCH Digital Library's online catalog, MCHLine®. Type "adolescent parents" in the keyword field of the search
form. Add a publication date range (e.g., 2009...2014). Click on Search to get your results. Conduct another search by typing "pregnant adolescents" in the keyword field of the search
form. Add a publication date range (e.g., 2009...2014). Click on Search to get your results. Include quotation marks as indicated. There will be some overlap in your search results.
Related MCH Digital Library Resources
- Adolescent Health resource brief
- Adolescent Pregnancy and Parents organizations list
- Adolescent Pregnancy and Parenting bibliography
- Health Insurance and Access to Care for Children and Adolescents professional resource guide, family resource brief, school resource brief
- Preconception and Pregnancy professional resource guide, family resource brief (Includes websites for pregnant teens)
Adolescent Pregnancy and Parenting: Resource Brief. (January 2012. Updated: December 2014; July 2021)
Author: Susan Brune Lorenzo, M.L.S., MCH Digital Library.
Reviewer: Olivia Pickett, M.A., M.L.S., MCH Digital Library
Editor: Ruth Barzel, M.A., MCH Digital Library.