1. Access the Evidence Tools. See the program's Evidence Tools for reports and implementation strategies to assist in the development of Evidence-based Strategic Measures (ESMs) to support your National Performance Measure (NPM) topic areas.
2. Research the Evidence Directly. Dig deeper into the research literature and programs to more fully align your work with the best science of "what works."
Note: these searches are currently under development; not all are fully operational. Check back soon for all live searches to be operational.
- Find Established Evidence. Search the peer-reviewed research articles that were reviewed in developing the evidence reports. Articles are annotated with methods and findings summarized. Links are provided to electronic access. Note, however, that not all articles are available freely online as full-text.
- Find Emerging Evidence. New studies are continually being published. Use these links to generate automated searches of the most current research literature using the same search parameters that the project uses to identify articles for evidence reports. The links will return the latest findings from the field.
- Find Current ESMs. Use the project's Choose-and-Use guide to find ESMs that are currently in use by states and jurisdictions, the evidence behind them, and how they are being measured. Agency contact information is included as well as a program review of strengths and limitations of ESMs, as information becomes available.