Resource Center Materials
Resources to help families keep their infant safe and reduce the risk of sudden infant death.
- Helping Baby Back to Sleep. (2009). En Español. (2010).
- Preconception and Pregnancy: Resources for Families. 2013. (MCH Digital Library)
- See more Safe Sleep resources.
Helping Families after an infant has died.
- Infant Mortality and Pregnancy Loss: Resources for Families. 2014. (MCH Digital Library)
- The Death of a Child, the Grief of the Parents: A Lifetime Journey. 2011.
- The Grieving Child: Helping Children Cope When an Infant Dies. 2011.
- After Sudden Infant Death: Facing Anniversaries, Holidays and Special Events. 2005.
- See more Bereavement Support resources.
Resource Materials from Other Sources
Safe to Sleep Campaign
- Safe to Sleep Public Education Campaign. Brochures and other items for families in English and Spanish.
- Educational Materials. Printable one-page handouts illustrating safe sleep positions and other safe sleep messages.
- New and Expectant Parents. Information about the first, second and third trimesters of pregnancy; time spent at the hospital after delivery; months 1–6 of the baby’s life and beyond; SIDS facts; stillbirth facts and questions and answers; and bedtime basics for babies. Links and resources for more information are provided.
- Grieving Families. Information about surviving stillbirth or the sudden death of an infant; grief resources; resources for children, grandparents, and friends and relatives; memorial opportunities. Grief counselors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 1-800-221-7437.
- Safe Sleep Practices includes guidelines on safe sleeping environments for infants and links to related resources to help parents keep their babies healthy and safe.
State SIDS Organizations
- Many states provide materials and services for individuals and families who have experienced the sudden unexpected death of an infant or a pregnancy loss. See the Links to SUID and SIDS Partners page for state organizations, national organizations, and federal agencies.
Finding Other Resource Center Materials
Also, the Resource Center has recently updated it's collection of children's books on grief and of materials for adults to use in helping children grieve. Find using keywords such as grief children. on our Search page.