Resources for professionals who work on SUID/SIDS issues
- Infant Mortality Toolkit: Resources for a Public Health Approach (2013 - National SUID/SIDS Resource Center)
- Safe Infant Sleep videos analyzed by AAP recommendations. (Resource Center)
- What Works: Changing Knowledge and Behavior to Reduce Sudden Unexpected Infant Death. (2011 - Resource Center)
- SIDS and Other Sleep-Related Infant Deaths: Expansion of Recommendations for a Safe Infant Sleeping Environment (AAP): Policy Statement | Technical Report
- See also Resources to Support the AAP Policy Statement (2011 - Resource Center)
- Project Impact's State MCH and SUID Contacts - professionals working in SIDS and infant death programs at the State and local levels.
- First Candle Member and Partner Organizations - national, state, and local organizations concerned with infant health and survival.
- First Candle Grief Resources: Local Support - state by state listing of grief resources for those affected by an infant death, whether during pregnancy or after birth.
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: State laws (2009 - National Conference of State Legislatures).
- Responding to Sudden Infant Death - The Professional's Role. (2004 - Resource Center)
- Bereavement Counseling for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and Infant Mortality: Core Competencies for the Health Care Professional. (2004 - Association of SIDS and Infant Mortality Programs).
- Training Toolkit - training resources (2009 - Resource Center)
- Nationwide Calendar - a list of upcoming conferences from organizations covering SIDS/infant death and other maternal and child health and public health topics. (Project Impact)
- Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Library - provides information on a broad range of MCH topics.
- Join an electronic mailing or email list - information on how to join the Maternal and Child Health Bureau's MCHB SUID/SIDS Listserv and other MCH electronic mailing lists.
Links to SUID/SIDS related news and other publications relevant to SUID/SIDS professionals
- Sudden, Unexplained Infant Death Initiative (SUIDI): Overview. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Association of SIDS and Infant Mortality Programs: News and Events.
- First Candle.
- National Center for Cultural Competence Sudden Unexpected Infant Death/Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SUID/SIDS). Resources.
Updated January 2013