How to Use This Site
For Professionals and Students in Professional Programs
To find the most current evidence:
- Access our Evidence Tools developed by the Strengthen the Evidence for MCH Programs initiative.
- Find Emerging Evidence, including current, peer-reviewed journal articles on NPM topics, through our automated searches.
To find more general information on this site, you can review the Professional Resources section and use any of the following methods:
- See our Resource Guides and the A-Z Topic Page to
locate pages and documents on the site by topic or to perform a cross-database search.
- Use Search
the Databases and MCH Links to
find references to selected and evaluated information that is located
elsewhere. Links to the publishers and full text documents are
included when available.
- Read and subscribe to the MCH Alert.
For Families and Consumers
Review the Family Resources section to locate websites and materials of interest. In addition, many resources on MCH Digital Library website include information for families and consumers. To find this information, use any of the following methods:
- Search MCHLine® using your topic term plus a choice of these terms in the keywords field (one at a time): "consumer education materials," "educational materials," "materials for children," "materials for adolescents," and "low literacy materials."
- Search the MCH Organizations Database using your topic term in the keyword field.
- To find materials in languages other than English, enter the name of the language you are interested in (e.g., Spanish, Vietnamese, Arabic, braille) into the Search All MCH Digital Library Databases field. To find information in Asian languages in general, enter the term "Asian."
- See the MCH Links page, especially the Consumer Health and Safety section and the General Information Resources and Libraries section.